Skip to main content

The Last Week (or so) In Pix / 2x2

I know, I know. It's been awhile. I'm so sorry! 
My excuse is either
 a) I've been busy or 
b) I've been lazy. 
I'll let you pick. 

I have a lot of shameless pictures of myself with semi-famous people from the #GBKOscars2013 suite. Get excited!

Ben Schwartz and Josh Lawson from #House of Lies. These guys are really funny. I can't imagine how they work together everyday on set. 

Khandi Alexandar is BEAUTIFUL! And she said she liked my hair. 

Gregg Henry is playing with the blowdryer...and my hair. I'm not sure about his face. But this was pretty funny. 

This, my friends, is my new husband. Mizinga Mwinga. He is...attractive. I mean, come on, look at this guy. And he's so sweet to boot! We spent a few minutes talking about his sister and her hair and how the dryer can really be good for her and how he will be the best brother ever and how she would love me as a sister-in-law and how we're in love and we will be running away together and -
wait, where am I? 

This is DJ Baby Chino. This kid is ADORABLE!!! He's a talented DJ and he's just too cute for his own good. Seriously, he's just too much. If I can't make it work with Mizinga I could just wait for this kid to grow up. 
Yep, I took that too far.  



+Starbucks Coffee wished my Happy Birthday. Yay! #TwitterFamous

And then I received my Gold Card! Cold, hard proof of my addiction. 




 2x2
Last Week I Learned
1) Again I've learned not to put all my 'eggs in one basket' so-to-speak.
2) Flossing is suuuuuper important. 
This Week I'm Looking Forward To
1) Girls Night on Friday!
2) Filter Mag Party (aka open bar madness) on Saturday!

*








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cold War Kids iHeart Radio Album Release Party - My Quick Opinions

I've seen the Cold War Kids twice now, and my favorite thing about seeing them is they love to let people see them for free in Los Angeles. A free show is always the right idea. This time I got to see them at the iHeart Radio stage in Burbank, California. It's a very cool space, and the staff is super nice. Part of this iHeart Radio streaming party was a line of questioning from iHeart Radio personality. It was cool to hear lead singer Nathan Willett talk about his love for Los Angeles and desire to use their new album, LA Divine,  to set the record straight about the city's perception. He told Billboard the album is "the best version of what [they've] always done," and I agree. There's nothing particularly outstanding about the new album. There's no new, adventurous sound. The freshest thing about LA Divine is the effect the tumultuous year that was 2016 had on the lyrics. For example, Nathan told an amazing story about an art piece in New ...

Nothing Will Replace Gossip Girl, But Riverdale Is Close or Teen Shows I've Watched Lately

Each day I live and breathe, I'm inching closer to a time when I will no longer understand and will therefore lose the capacity to truly love a teen drama. But I'm not there yet, and I'm (still) searching for something to fill the void Gossip Girl  left when it was revealed that Lonely Boy was the one putting the words in Kristin Bell's mouth. Gossip Girl first aired after an episode of America's Next Top Model.  I remember this because my mother and I used to watch ANTM together in the days before girls started auditioning just so they could meet Tyra. But neither of us could leave the room once Gossip Girl's  pilot began. We were both hooked immediately, and it would be a show we enjoyed together even after I left home for another city hours away, and then another state halfway across the country. GG was corny at times, and it had its pitfalls (how did Chuck Bass start Season 1 by trying to rape little Jenny and end it by kicking off what would become ...

I'm tired of trying to explain

I went on a trip home to Oklahoma last week. I brought Jersey Mike for his first real visit to the state and his first time meeting my friends. It was fantastic and fun. I'd love to tell you all about it. But I can't right now. I can't focus on anything right now.  Upon returning to Los Angeles, I logged onto Twitter and started seeing headlines about the Charleston shooting. I immediately turned it off. At first I felt wrong about doing it. At first I felt like I should face it head-on, get angry, put on my activist hat and get to work.  But I didn't. I couldn't do it.  I'd just gotten home from being surrounded by love. Yes, being back in Oklahoma I heard conversations filled with intolerance. I needed to point out and shut down a few comments that were insensitive and just plain rude. That's something I've gotten used to when visiting home. I'm surrounded by liberals and hippies here in Los Angeles. We are a melting pot of colors,...