Skip to main content

Sonic's Adventure -or- Evidence My Dog's Life Is More Fun Than Mine

It's been quite some time since I blogged about my exciting life in Los Angeles. That's mostly because, well, it's not that exciting. I work, I hang out, I sleep. 
Prime example: it's Friday night and I'm sitting here blogging. Don't get me wrong: I love it! But it's hard to come up with things to blog about if you spend Friday nights indoors eating fried zucchini and drinking chocolate malts (guilty). 
It's fine though. I sanctioned today as a #washday for my hair and my clothes. 

Sonic, on the other hand, lives like a furry king and gobbles up all of the fun for himself. 

Last weekend we made a fair attempt to go camping. If it had not been for the government shut down we probably would have succeeded. On the way there, Sonic got to sit in the front seat and wear a big-boy cap:


We got to the mountains and he got to sniff and pee and sniff and poop and pee and sniff and bark and run and sniff and pee and eat snow. 


Then, once we admitted to ourselves that the campground was officially closed, he got to immediately enjoy the long road trip home, during which he slept. Don't worry about helping us with directions, Sonic. We got it. Might I mention that he spent at least 1/3 of the trip sitting in Jersey Mike's lap. Those two are getting a bit too chummy for my taste.


It's not all fun and games for Sonic, however. Apparently it's hard in these valley streets. Sonic got into a brawl with Bailey. They are sworn enemies that tolerate each other because they are forced to share the same backyard. Last time, Sonic did serious damage to Bailey's eye. This time, Bailey got hold of Sonic's leg, and I think I hurt him a bit myself when I pulled the two of them apart. :( 


But Sonic is not one to let a scuffle keep him down! The very next day he got to spend some quality man-time with Jersey Mike. He got to climb on walls: 


...and stick his head waaaaaay out of car windows:


Things his mother would NEVER allow him to do. They even got to go frisbee golfing, something I've been begging to do since the first time I tried it. Lucky dog!

So, you see, Sonic's Adventures are real. Hopefully soon I will have adventures of my own to share. Until then, I'll keep reviewing albums and live shows. How about that? 

*


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

why wide awake?

i'm accepting the fact that i can't sleep. it's 2 a.m. and i'm going to be REALLY sorry in about four hours. i have a lot on my mind. usually when that happens i sleep a lot, which is what i've been doing the last week. perhaps i've used up all of my sleep hours. my little- doggie -sonic, on the other hand, has done nothing but sleep since i picked him up from doggie daycare today. YES!! sonic went to doggie daycare for the first time today. well, yesterday. since The Man left he has been really clingy and over protective. he growls and barks at every little thing, and he's always full of energy now that he is alone all day. i figured the best affordable solution is a day at doggie daycare each week. last weekend he passed his temperament test at The Pampered Pet , so we set his all day appointment. when i dropped him off wednesday morning it broke my heart. he didn't understand why i couldn't go with him to the play room. the lady had to pic

Last Week in Pix + 2x2 - Long Weekend Bliss

Last week was STRESSFUL.  Work was the normal amount of unnecessary crap. Bad weather near my hometown was no fun at all.  Let's just say this long weekend could not have come at a better time.  FRIDAY; Raise A Glass For Oklahoma!  happened at SOUTH in Santa Monica. We are still waiting for the final report from the bar, but we are pretty sure we reached our goal to raise $1000 for Feed The Children in Oklahoma City. Check out the progress here: https://app.mobilecause.com/public/social/7524  It was great that people were down to help out. We had amazing raffle prizes, the bar is donating 15% of the night's sales, and a lot of Oklahomies showed up, which was just wonderful. And because the more we drank the more money the bar would donate...we drank a fair amount. SATURDAY & SUNDAY: Yoga did not happen. I tried really hard, but all of my donation drinking said no.  I finally got rolling in the afternoon, packed up my stuff and Sonic

Justice for Georgina, aka Go See Get Out Immediately

WARNING: ALL OF THE SPOILERS. LIKE, SO MANY SPOILERS. GO SEE THE MOVIE. THAT'S AN ORDER.  In Get Out , the brilliant new Jordan Peele film, black people are used by white people's brains.  That's the shortest explanation, as there are so many levels to the movie. I'm typically not one to see scary movies (I can't even get through Michael Jackson's "Thriller" video), but when I read about this movie's perfect score on Rotten Tomatoes and the raving reviews from critics, I had to go and support this film from a black director with black stars. I'm not a fan of scary movies. They always give me nightmares. Before I saw the film, a coworker assured me that I wouldn't have nightmares after watching  Get Out . He was right and wrong. I didn't have nightmares about monsters lurking in dark corners, but I stayed awake unpacking all of the themes and metaphors of the film. In doing so, a big part of why I wasn't afraid occurred to