Skip to main content

Last Week of 2012 in Pix/2012x2013 2x2

Twenty-twelve is over!!
It's 2013!

I'm going to type less to make room for more pictures, cuz there's a week and a half's worth. 

On Christmas Eve Chris, Little Baby Lisa and I volunteered for the Mary Magdalene Project. We wrapped gifts in the mall for money. 


Well, we walked around the mall handing out depressing flyers and spying on organizations with better booths. But then we wrapped a few things.


I'm cutting out Christmas pictures because I'm sure you guys don't care about the awesome loot I got and the gluten free pancakes and pot cookies I made. 

If you do, request photographs/recipes in the comment section. Thanks and goodnight. 


For New Years Eve Chris and I went to San Francisco!!
We took a Megabus, which cost us a total of $4 plus tax for a round trip. For BOTH OF US.  


Eight hours and two annoying children parents later,we dropped our junk at my friends' hotel room and explored Union Square.

So pretty! I loved the trollies. 
 We then proceeded to stay out all night, I had approximately 85 white russians, and woke up with an insane hangover the next day.
Blame it on the Goose.

But no hangover was going to keep me from seeing San Fran, and Chris was an awesome tour guide. 

 First we had breakfast at this little diner called Moz that just happened to be on Stevenson Street. I basically had a bite of toast, two bites of egg and water for breakfast. Hangovers. Suck. 

Then Chris learned me how the buses be workin.

 We went to Pier 39 and I took my first panoramic picture with my iPhone:

After that we saw probably my favorite place in all of San Francisco: Ghirardelli Square! 

It smelled like chocolate. My only regret was that the cafe was closed, so I couldn't get any hot cocoa.


 Then we saw the crookedest street, Lombard Street. The trek up the hill was so intense. I was a sweaty mess. 


Next we took forever to find an open sports bar playing the Liberty Bowl, which TU WON!! WOOOO!

Then I realized I could eat my own hand - mostly because my hangover had prevented breakfast - so we stopped at this amazing gourmet burger joint called Roam.

Mmmm, turkey burger and Frifecta (beef burger for Chris).


Then I found the house I'm going to live in when I get rich and move to San Fran.
It's purple! And adorable! And there's a matching car!!

We took another bus trip and made it to the Golden Gate Bridge. The sun was setting and when it got dark and the lights all came on it was so gorgeous.


Then we went back to the hotel, I took a nap. My friends went to watch fireworks from a yacht and Chris and I commenced pregaming and gussying. We went to Mission which was a good idea in theory. But after finding no hot boys, settling on a bar that then told us - at five till midnight - that they weren't letting anyone in, we high-tailed it with friends we'd made in line to a hole-in-the-wall Mexican bar nearby, grabbed drinks and toasted to 2013!! 

This 2x2 is not just for last week and next, but for last year and next. Heavy!!

Last Year I Learned:
1) I can limit what I put up with. Whether it's flack from a job, coworker, friend or situation I don't have to just sit and take it. I can take action to improve my situation.
2) I want to work for myself or with a small group of like-minded people someday. Someday sooner than later.

This Year I'm Looking Forward To:
1) Getting out of debt!! It's happening, people, it really is!
2) In 2012 I did a much better job of listening to my body. In 2013 I'm going to work on listening to my heart more. We'll see how that goes.

Happy New Year!!

*

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

why wide awake?

i'm accepting the fact that i can't sleep. it's 2 a.m. and i'm going to be REALLY sorry in about four hours. i have a lot on my mind. usually when that happens i sleep a lot, which is what i've been doing the last week. perhaps i've used up all of my sleep hours. my little- doggie -sonic, on the other hand, has done nothing but sleep since i picked him up from doggie daycare today. YES!! sonic went to doggie daycare for the first time today. well, yesterday. since The Man left he has been really clingy and over protective. he growls and barks at every little thing, and he's always full of energy now that he is alone all day. i figured the best affordable solution is a day at doggie daycare each week. last weekend he passed his temperament test at The Pampered Pet , so we set his all day appointment. when i dropped him off wednesday morning it broke my heart. he didn't understand why i couldn't go with him to the play room. the lady had to pic

I'm tired of trying to explain

I went on a trip home to Oklahoma last week. I brought Jersey Mike for his first real visit to the state and his first time meeting my friends. It was fantastic and fun. I'd love to tell you all about it. But I can't right now. I can't focus on anything right now.  Upon returning to Los Angeles, I logged onto Twitter and started seeing headlines about the Charleston shooting. I immediately turned it off. At first I felt wrong about doing it. At first I felt like I should face it head-on, get angry, put on my activist hat and get to work.  But I didn't. I couldn't do it.  I'd just gotten home from being surrounded by love. Yes, being back in Oklahoma I heard conversations filled with intolerance. I needed to point out and shut down a few comments that were insensitive and just plain rude. That's something I've gotten used to when visiting home. I'm surrounded by liberals and hippies here in Los Angeles. We are a melting pot of colors,

Last Week in Pix + 2x2 - Long Weekend Bliss

Last week was STRESSFUL.  Work was the normal amount of unnecessary crap. Bad weather near my hometown was no fun at all.  Let's just say this long weekend could not have come at a better time.  FRIDAY; Raise A Glass For Oklahoma!  happened at SOUTH in Santa Monica. We are still waiting for the final report from the bar, but we are pretty sure we reached our goal to raise $1000 for Feed The Children in Oklahoma City. Check out the progress here: https://app.mobilecause.com/public/social/7524  It was great that people were down to help out. We had amazing raffle prizes, the bar is donating 15% of the night's sales, and a lot of Oklahomies showed up, which was just wonderful. And because the more we drank the more money the bar would donate...we drank a fair amount. SATURDAY & SUNDAY: Yoga did not happen. I tried really hard, but all of my donation drinking said no.  I finally got rolling in the afternoon, packed up my stuff and Sonic