Skip to main content

Fresh & Fruity - My 3-Day Juice Cleanse

Most of us are doing our share of spring cleaning, but I didn't want to stop with just my house. Mainly because I don't have a house, just a room. So I finished quickly and got bored. 

The people over at The Real Juice were having a fantastic deal on cleanses and I realized that I also want to clean my innards! 

And, people, it's as gross as it sounds. Take this quote from the handy guide The Real Juice sent along with my order confirmation and instructions:

"The toxins in your body come from the foods and beverages you consume as well as
pollutants in the water and air. Combine those with a multitude of things found in
over-the-counter and prescription medicines and you’ve got yourself a pretty stellar 
toxin cocktail that you’ve been ingesting daily."

Yick. 

I was lucky enough to meet Shila from The Real Juice at an event focused around The Golden Globes, and she recommended a two day cleanse. I completed that back in February and I am hooked. The juices are so very tasty and I remember feeling great and craving more fresh fruits and veggies after just two days. So, this time, I opted for the three day version to really clear out all of the mess I've been eating. (Cookie dough milkshakes, I'm talking to you.) A lot of friends asked me for details about my cleanse, so I thought this time I would share the whole experience on my blog. 

First - I learned from the helpful pre-cleanse email they send - you must work your way in to the cleanse. No eating gluten free chocolate chip cookies right up to day one. So today I had my fruit smoothie that I have every morning (which is slightly cheating because it contains yogurt. Sorry.), a spinach salad without all the cheesy goodness and steamed veggies for dinner. 


You might be wondering why I chose to do a juice cleanse instead of just switching up my diet gradually or doing one of those fad lemonade fast diets. 1) Changing your diet is difficult. Did you know that we should be eating five to thirteen servings of fruits and veggies daily? Incorporate THAT in your life and tell me how easy it is. 2) Fad diets are fads for a reason. They usually aren't healthy and don't have lasting results. 

Perks of The Real Juice cleanse:

The Real Juice makes juices with 100% cold-pressed juice that's unpasteurized. This keeps all those yummy vitamins and minerals right there in the juice. They have pretty high-tech juicers that have hydraulic presses to squeeze every last dag-blasted nutrient out of those fruits and vegetables. Something super cool is that the juicers at The Real Juice have been tested and proven to be the best method for juicing on the market today based on the sheer amount of nutrients that remain in the juice verses competitors. They also use local, California-grown produce!

Fruit-based juices clean the body and replenish it with natural carbs and sugars while the vegetable juices rebuild and regenerate. Cleanses from The Real Juice were designed by holistic wellness experts to ensure you're getting everything your body needs. 

Today I feel: hungry. I really can't wait to have a juice every few hours because raw foods alone don't fill me up. I honestly don't think I am getting enough calories today. That's my bad, I could certainly be taking in more. I can smell sugar from miles away because I'm craving it so much. I'm the girl that has a hot chocolate everyday. That's not an exaggeration. Sugar is the hardest habit for me to kick.

Bring on the juices!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

why wide awake?

i'm accepting the fact that i can't sleep. it's 2 a.m. and i'm going to be REALLY sorry in about four hours. i have a lot on my mind. usually when that happens i sleep a lot, which is what i've been doing the last week. perhaps i've used up all of my sleep hours. my little- doggie -sonic, on the other hand, has done nothing but sleep since i picked him up from doggie daycare today. YES!! sonic went to doggie daycare for the first time today. well, yesterday. since The Man left he has been really clingy and over protective. he growls and barks at every little thing, and he's always full of energy now that he is alone all day. i figured the best affordable solution is a day at doggie daycare each week. last weekend he passed his temperament test at The Pampered Pet , so we set his all day appointment. when i dropped him off wednesday morning it broke my heart. he didn't understand why i couldn't go with him to the play room. the lady had to pic

I'm tired of trying to explain

I went on a trip home to Oklahoma last week. I brought Jersey Mike for his first real visit to the state and his first time meeting my friends. It was fantastic and fun. I'd love to tell you all about it. But I can't right now. I can't focus on anything right now.  Upon returning to Los Angeles, I logged onto Twitter and started seeing headlines about the Charleston shooting. I immediately turned it off. At first I felt wrong about doing it. At first I felt like I should face it head-on, get angry, put on my activist hat and get to work.  But I didn't. I couldn't do it.  I'd just gotten home from being surrounded by love. Yes, being back in Oklahoma I heard conversations filled with intolerance. I needed to point out and shut down a few comments that were insensitive and just plain rude. That's something I've gotten used to when visiting home. I'm surrounded by liberals and hippies here in Los Angeles. We are a melting pot of colors,

Last Week in Pix + 2x2 - Long Weekend Bliss

Last week was STRESSFUL.  Work was the normal amount of unnecessary crap. Bad weather near my hometown was no fun at all.  Let's just say this long weekend could not have come at a better time.  FRIDAY; Raise A Glass For Oklahoma!  happened at SOUTH in Santa Monica. We are still waiting for the final report from the bar, but we are pretty sure we reached our goal to raise $1000 for Feed The Children in Oklahoma City. Check out the progress here: https://app.mobilecause.com/public/social/7524  It was great that people were down to help out. We had amazing raffle prizes, the bar is donating 15% of the night's sales, and a lot of Oklahomies showed up, which was just wonderful. And because the more we drank the more money the bar would donate...we drank a fair amount. SATURDAY & SUNDAY: Yoga did not happen. I tried really hard, but all of my donation drinking said no.  I finally got rolling in the afternoon, packed up my stuff and Sonic