Skip to main content

Last Wk in Pix - 2x2 Cali Life Doesn't Suck

It's been awhile since you've seen a 'Last Week in Pix' post, huh? 
Get excited. I'm actually going to go back almost three weeks because - let's be honest - I've been slacking. 


Three weeks ago (almost) I went to a Hollywood mansion called Hancock Park Estate for a gifting suite. This was purely for work, promise. This place was pretty sweet, even if the event left something to be desired. 

Then, two weeks ago I went to not one...

not two...


not even three...

but four live shows, 


and here's the kicker: in just FOUR DAYS.  Lots of time in Pomona, but I also finally went to the Troubadour! See all the highlights from +The Postal Service , +Modest Mouse , Dinosaur, Jr/King Tuff and Little Green Cars over at +Miranda Enzor's blog The Good Groupie. Thanks for letting me be a #guestgroupie! 

I was exhausted by Friday. It definitely ignited my live show appetite, though, and I'm trying to figure out how to get to another show sometime soon. 

Oh, and I discovered today's equivalent of an autograph when Little Green Cars retweeted me. 


Then, the following Saturday was +Record Store Day. So Jersey Mike (he doesn't know that's his blog nickname yet. I'm sure he'll hate it) and I went to +Amoeba in Hollywood. The line for limited edition Record Store Day vinyl was ridic. Observe:


It wrapped around the corner. And this was the second line of two. Eek. 
Good thing I'm broke (is it? Is it a good thing?) and unable to buy anything in Amoeba so I could avoid that line. Another day, record player. Another day. 


The next week I...

did another juice cleanse from The Real Juice! This time I did a 3-day cleanse. I looooove the way all of these juices taste! Because I got so many questions last time I did a cleanse, I'll be posting the day by day of this one on my blog this week. Stay tuned!

Last weekend I had to take my car in, so I went to my favorite breakfast place and finally dragged a buddy with me (yay +Chris Aragon!). I've gone alone a lot and people look at you funny eating breakfast alone on a sunny Saturday morning. It was nice to have company. 

While my car was in the shop I got a loaner car that looked a little something like this: 


Actually it looked exactly like that. A two seater convertible +Mini Cooper. SEXY RIDE. I learned I wouldn't purchase one of these, which is big for me because I've always wanted one. 


They are a lot of fun for a Saturday cruising up the Pacific Coast Highway. And I look pretty good in it, at least that's what this lady told me as she flagged me down at a stop light to ask me how I liked the car. People get all chatty when you're in a drop-top. 

Later that night, back in my own car, +Chris Aragon and I went to the chartering ceremony for the Los Angeles Chapter of the University of Tulsa Alumni. They even let us sign the official document!  


Plus, they gave us plenty of free wine, beer and apps. Gotta love my alma mater. 

On Sunday Sonic and I went up to Mt. Washington to Jersey Mike's place for some swimin' and grillin'. The weather was perfect. The water was just a touch cold but not unbearable, I got in a few times. The music was gloriously appropriate, the company was jovial and the food was yummy in my bikini-ready tummy (thanks, juice cleanse).



Oh, here's the view from their place. What?!? Love.




2x2

Last (3) week(s) I learned:
1) I can make my own money! Thanks +Fiverr for boosting my confidence in my writing. 
2) Messy is actually a good look for my hair. And I think I'll start blogging about my natural hair journey. For your enjoyment and my sanity. 

This week I'm looking forward to:
1) Establishing a few new clients for my writing business
2) Going to yoga. I feel like it's been so long!

*















Comments

  1. YAY! I'm so glad you went to the TU thing - we have a pretty decent chapter here in Houston. I need to get move involved with them.

    And thank you for the blog shout-out. You are welcome back any time!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

why wide awake?

i'm accepting the fact that i can't sleep. it's 2 a.m. and i'm going to be REALLY sorry in about four hours. i have a lot on my mind. usually when that happens i sleep a lot, which is what i've been doing the last week. perhaps i've used up all of my sleep hours. my little- doggie -sonic, on the other hand, has done nothing but sleep since i picked him up from doggie daycare today. YES!! sonic went to doggie daycare for the first time today. well, yesterday. since The Man left he has been really clingy and over protective. he growls and barks at every little thing, and he's always full of energy now that he is alone all day. i figured the best affordable solution is a day at doggie daycare each week. last weekend he passed his temperament test at The Pampered Pet , so we set his all day appointment. when i dropped him off wednesday morning it broke my heart. he didn't understand why i couldn't go with him to the play room. the lady had to pic

I'm tired of trying to explain

I went on a trip home to Oklahoma last week. I brought Jersey Mike for his first real visit to the state and his first time meeting my friends. It was fantastic and fun. I'd love to tell you all about it. But I can't right now. I can't focus on anything right now.  Upon returning to Los Angeles, I logged onto Twitter and started seeing headlines about the Charleston shooting. I immediately turned it off. At first I felt wrong about doing it. At first I felt like I should face it head-on, get angry, put on my activist hat and get to work.  But I didn't. I couldn't do it.  I'd just gotten home from being surrounded by love. Yes, being back in Oklahoma I heard conversations filled with intolerance. I needed to point out and shut down a few comments that were insensitive and just plain rude. That's something I've gotten used to when visiting home. I'm surrounded by liberals and hippies here in Los Angeles. We are a melting pot of colors,

Last Week in Pix + 2x2 - Long Weekend Bliss

Last week was STRESSFUL.  Work was the normal amount of unnecessary crap. Bad weather near my hometown was no fun at all.  Let's just say this long weekend could not have come at a better time.  FRIDAY; Raise A Glass For Oklahoma!  happened at SOUTH in Santa Monica. We are still waiting for the final report from the bar, but we are pretty sure we reached our goal to raise $1000 for Feed The Children in Oklahoma City. Check out the progress here: https://app.mobilecause.com/public/social/7524  It was great that people were down to help out. We had amazing raffle prizes, the bar is donating 15% of the night's sales, and a lot of Oklahomies showed up, which was just wonderful. And because the more we drank the more money the bar would donate...we drank a fair amount. SATURDAY & SUNDAY: Yoga did not happen. I tried really hard, but all of my donation drinking said no.  I finally got rolling in the afternoon, packed up my stuff and Sonic