Skip to main content

Juice Cleanse Day 1

Juice Cleanse Day 1

I woke up ridiculously early this morning. All last night I dreamed of drinking juice. True story. I was craving them already!

When I woke up I was HUNGRY. Clearly I did not have enough to eat yesterday. I couldn't wait to get started. 

The juices are delivered between 8 p.m. and 12 p.m. to your doorstep (if you're in The Real Juice's local delivery footprint). The box is full of ice packs to keep things chilled until you open the box and get to drinking. I stashed all the juice in my fridge and took out juices one through four to take to work with me in the super cute juice tote they supply. With a few ice packs and my reusable straw (not included) I was good to go!


First up: Fantasize. Why is it called Fantasize? Well, all The Real Juice juices are named based on how they make us feel. The sweet, tropical blend of carrot, pineapple, apple and orange juices gives the feeling of sitting poolside on a perfect day. Because it's a fruit juice, this one is a cleanser.

Second: Energize. This one is a rebuilder because is chalked full of veggies kale and cucumber as well as apple and lemon. This juice is...green. But after drinking it, you want to take on the world! It's an essential boost of nutrients. It's probably my least favorite as far as taste (what, no pineapples?), but it's still really really good!

Third: Replenish. Once I started coming down from the energy high of juice two, juice three was a welcome friend. It has a heavy beet taste but also includes apples, carrots, oranges and parsley. It reminded me of growing up when Mama would make me eat beets at dinner. I HATED beets. But she always told me that had so much nutritional value. Then I learned to read. Early. Which was completely her fault, mind you. I picked up the bottle and learned from the label that beets in a jar really aren't great for you at all. And I no longer had to eat them as part of my Sunday dinner. Win! As a grown up I realize that fresh beets do have nutritional value. Let's refer to the handy guide:

"Beets are a blood purifier and blood builder; they aid in the creation of red
blood cells. Beet juice improves blood structure and aids diseases of the
circulatory system, large intestine, and digestive system"

Mama would be proud.

Fourth: Energize. Yep, again. You know that afternoon crash most of us experience at work? This drink is the ultimate remedy for that. I didn't take a picture, because it's exactly the same as 2, except there's a 4. You get it, you're smart.

Fifth: Anti-Age. As someone pushing thirty this drink is right up my alley. It's similar to the first juice in that it contains carrot and apple. But this guy also has grapefruit, lemon and red pepper and, boy, can you taste that red pepper! It's cool, though, because at this time of day I'm craving dinner and the pepper taste tricks my tongue into thinking I'm having a meal. And I am...in a bottle.

Sixth: Indulge. This is the sixth and final juice of the day and it is. so. yummy.
Cashews, dates, vanilla extract - it's basically a dessert! It tastes similar to a good vanilla nut milk and it's a soothing, pleasant way to wrap up day one of the cleanse.

Tonight I'm craving pizza HARD. But I'm feeling pretty good. I skipped my workout tonight as suggested in the FAQs at The Real Juice. Luckily I have no pizza to work off.

*


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

why wide awake?

i'm accepting the fact that i can't sleep. it's 2 a.m. and i'm going to be REALLY sorry in about four hours. i have a lot on my mind. usually when that happens i sleep a lot, which is what i've been doing the last week. perhaps i've used up all of my sleep hours. my little- doggie -sonic, on the other hand, has done nothing but sleep since i picked him up from doggie daycare today. YES!! sonic went to doggie daycare for the first time today. well, yesterday. since The Man left he has been really clingy and over protective. he growls and barks at every little thing, and he's always full of energy now that he is alone all day. i figured the best affordable solution is a day at doggie daycare each week. last weekend he passed his temperament test at The Pampered Pet , so we set his all day appointment. when i dropped him off wednesday morning it broke my heart. he didn't understand why i couldn't go with him to the play room. the lady had to pic

I'm tired of trying to explain

I went on a trip home to Oklahoma last week. I brought Jersey Mike for his first real visit to the state and his first time meeting my friends. It was fantastic and fun. I'd love to tell you all about it. But I can't right now. I can't focus on anything right now.  Upon returning to Los Angeles, I logged onto Twitter and started seeing headlines about the Charleston shooting. I immediately turned it off. At first I felt wrong about doing it. At first I felt like I should face it head-on, get angry, put on my activist hat and get to work.  But I didn't. I couldn't do it.  I'd just gotten home from being surrounded by love. Yes, being back in Oklahoma I heard conversations filled with intolerance. I needed to point out and shut down a few comments that were insensitive and just plain rude. That's something I've gotten used to when visiting home. I'm surrounded by liberals and hippies here in Los Angeles. We are a melting pot of colors,

Last Week in Pix + 2x2 - Long Weekend Bliss

Last week was STRESSFUL.  Work was the normal amount of unnecessary crap. Bad weather near my hometown was no fun at all.  Let's just say this long weekend could not have come at a better time.  FRIDAY; Raise A Glass For Oklahoma!  happened at SOUTH in Santa Monica. We are still waiting for the final report from the bar, but we are pretty sure we reached our goal to raise $1000 for Feed The Children in Oklahoma City. Check out the progress here: https://app.mobilecause.com/public/social/7524  It was great that people were down to help out. We had amazing raffle prizes, the bar is donating 15% of the night's sales, and a lot of Oklahomies showed up, which was just wonderful. And because the more we drank the more money the bar would donate...we drank a fair amount. SATURDAY & SUNDAY: Yoga did not happen. I tried really hard, but all of my donation drinking said no.  I finally got rolling in the afternoon, packed up my stuff and Sonic