Skip to main content

Juice Cleanse Day 3

Day three!! Near the finish line and this is the first day I'm not craving anything naughty. I'm actually craving the juices themselves. It's like my body has an idea of what's coming every few hours. 

I can't think of anyway to describe how I feel other than: light. I don't feel bogged down by heavy foods or weak from false sugar highs. I feel refreshed and light. I'm spending a lot of time getting up and down to go to the bathroom (six juices and at least six bottles of water = a lot of peeing). I feel happier, I swear my skin looks better and feels softer. I even think my hair feels better: I've had it braided up all week and took it down this morning for a refresh and it's soft and full of moisture.

There is a birthday in my office today and I picked up the yummiest looking cake. While everyone else eats that I will be sipping on juice number four. Let them eat cake, I'm feeling good!!


*     *     *

Jersey Mike brought over leftovers we cooked the other night. The yummiest stuffed chicken. He had to eat it all (poor thing) because I'm on my final two juices. Now, I have no problem drinking my meals. I have a smoothie for breakfast almost every morning and I have had hot chocolate for dinner on more than one occasion. But at this point, at the end of day three, I'm longing for something I can chew.   The two day cleanse didn't feel long enough, and there is an option for a five day cleanse for those of you that are super hard core, but for me the three day is just perfect.


*     *     *

Just like preparing for the cleanse, once you hit your first day back on solid foods you should start raw and work your way back to regular eating. Trust me on this one, your tummy will fight back if you push things. I'm still craving things that are good for me, like fresh fruit and veggies. I've lost the once unshakable desire for a daily hot chocolate. The one semi-naughty craving that lingers is the craving for cheese.

Mmm. cheese. Maybe I should go ahead and schedule the next cleanse now...luckily peeps over at The Real Juice say it's safe to do a cleanse as much as once a month.

Hopefully this gave you some insight into doing a juice cleanse. It's not scary or painful, especially if you follow the guidelines. The juices taste amazing and you really will be able to feel a difference in a very short time. So drink up!


*


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing Will Replace Gossip Girl, But Riverdale Is Close or Teen Shows I've Watched Lately

Each day I live and breathe, I'm inching closer to a time when I will no longer understand and will therefore lose the capacity to truly love a teen drama. But I'm not there yet, and I'm (still) searching for something to fill the void Gossip Girl  left when it was revealed that Lonely Boy was the one putting the words in Kristin Bell's mouth. Gossip Girl first aired after an episode of America's Next Top Model.  I remember this because my mother and I used to watch ANTM together in the days before girls started auditioning just so they could meet Tyra. But neither of us could leave the room once Gossip Girl's  pilot began. We were both hooked immediately, and it would be a show we enjoyed together even after I left home for another city hours away, and then another state halfway across the country. GG was corny at times, and it had its pitfalls (how did Chuck Bass start Season 1 by trying to rape little Jenny and end it by kicking off what would become ...

Cold War Kids iHeart Radio Album Release Party - My Quick Opinions

I've seen the Cold War Kids twice now, and my favorite thing about seeing them is they love to let people see them for free in Los Angeles. A free show is always the right idea. This time I got to see them at the iHeart Radio stage in Burbank, California. It's a very cool space, and the staff is super nice. Part of this iHeart Radio streaming party was a line of questioning from iHeart Radio personality. It was cool to hear lead singer Nathan Willett talk about his love for Los Angeles and desire to use their new album, LA Divine,  to set the record straight about the city's perception. He told Billboard the album is "the best version of what [they've] always done," and I agree. There's nothing particularly outstanding about the new album. There's no new, adventurous sound. The freshest thing about LA Divine is the effect the tumultuous year that was 2016 had on the lyrics. For example, Nathan told an amazing story about an art piece in New ...

I'm tired of trying to explain

I went on a trip home to Oklahoma last week. I brought Jersey Mike for his first real visit to the state and his first time meeting my friends. It was fantastic and fun. I'd love to tell you all about it. But I can't right now. I can't focus on anything right now.  Upon returning to Los Angeles, I logged onto Twitter and started seeing headlines about the Charleston shooting. I immediately turned it off. At first I felt wrong about doing it. At first I felt like I should face it head-on, get angry, put on my activist hat and get to work.  But I didn't. I couldn't do it.  I'd just gotten home from being surrounded by love. Yes, being back in Oklahoma I heard conversations filled with intolerance. I needed to point out and shut down a few comments that were insensitive and just plain rude. That's something I've gotten used to when visiting home. I'm surrounded by liberals and hippies here in Los Angeles. We are a melting pot of colors,...