Skip to main content

happy refrigerator day

today we are finally getting a fridge! at least that's the plan. i've learned not to rely on plans. but i'm hoping, praying, crossing both fingers and toes that there will be a refrigerator in the kitchen when i get home.

thanksgiving is a little more than two weeks away and i am SO excited. i actually really like cooking. i've discovered that the part i really hate is the cleaning. i've avoided cooking yummy meals because of all the dishes that are messed up in the process. the cool thing about shacking up with someone is that you can guilt trip them into cleaning. "honey, how's dinner? good? so glad you like it. you know, i worked really hard on it all day and i'm so tired now...would you mind taking care of the dishes? you're the sweetest. speaking of sweet, here's dessert!" see what i did there? the most important part is making sure you're securely in another room when he decides to get started on the cleaning. if you cook like me he will immediately regret agreeing to clean.

anyway, looking around the kitchen this morning i noticed something important: i don't have the kitchen wares to make a thanksgiving dinner. no casserole dishes. no large pots. no turkey baseter. how the hell am i going to pull this off without spending a fortune?

i can't wait to register. then i can make all of you lovely people buy the things i need to pull off a successful thanksgiving spread. until then...i need to do some major improvising.

Preliminary Menu:
Spinach cheese rolls
Green Bean Casserole
Macaroni and Cheese
Sweet Potatoes in some form i haven't decided on
Cranberry Sauce
Stuffing from scratch
Rolls not from scratch
Turkey bum bum buuuuuum
Caramel Nugget Cake

i also plan on making a yummy breakfast because i love eating good food while watching the Macys Thanksgiving Day Parade. So that means:

Spinach Quiche
Buttermilk Blueberry Pancakes

who is cooking all of this? what kind of crazy person am i?

this week i start my search for recipes and casserole dishes. just thinking about it is so much more fun than work, which is what i'm supposed to be doing right now.

Comments

  1. I need the recipe for these spinach cheese rolls you speak of...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

why wide awake?

i'm accepting the fact that i can't sleep. it's 2 a.m. and i'm going to be REALLY sorry in about four hours. i have a lot on my mind. usually when that happens i sleep a lot, which is what i've been doing the last week. perhaps i've used up all of my sleep hours. my little- doggie -sonic, on the other hand, has done nothing but sleep since i picked him up from doggie daycare today. YES!! sonic went to doggie daycare for the first time today. well, yesterday. since The Man left he has been really clingy and over protective. he growls and barks at every little thing, and he's always full of energy now that he is alone all day. i figured the best affordable solution is a day at doggie daycare each week. last weekend he passed his temperament test at The Pampered Pet , so we set his all day appointment. when i dropped him off wednesday morning it broke my heart. he didn't understand why i couldn't go with him to the play room. the lady had to pic

I'm tired of trying to explain

I went on a trip home to Oklahoma last week. I brought Jersey Mike for his first real visit to the state and his first time meeting my friends. It was fantastic and fun. I'd love to tell you all about it. But I can't right now. I can't focus on anything right now.  Upon returning to Los Angeles, I logged onto Twitter and started seeing headlines about the Charleston shooting. I immediately turned it off. At first I felt wrong about doing it. At first I felt like I should face it head-on, get angry, put on my activist hat and get to work.  But I didn't. I couldn't do it.  I'd just gotten home from being surrounded by love. Yes, being back in Oklahoma I heard conversations filled with intolerance. I needed to point out and shut down a few comments that were insensitive and just plain rude. That's something I've gotten used to when visiting home. I'm surrounded by liberals and hippies here in Los Angeles. We are a melting pot of colors,

Last Week in Pix + 2x2 - Long Weekend Bliss

Last week was STRESSFUL.  Work was the normal amount of unnecessary crap. Bad weather near my hometown was no fun at all.  Let's just say this long weekend could not have come at a better time.  FRIDAY; Raise A Glass For Oklahoma!  happened at SOUTH in Santa Monica. We are still waiting for the final report from the bar, but we are pretty sure we reached our goal to raise $1000 for Feed The Children in Oklahoma City. Check out the progress here: https://app.mobilecause.com/public/social/7524  It was great that people were down to help out. We had amazing raffle prizes, the bar is donating 15% of the night's sales, and a lot of Oklahomies showed up, which was just wonderful. And because the more we drank the more money the bar would donate...we drank a fair amount. SATURDAY & SUNDAY: Yoga did not happen. I tried really hard, but all of my donation drinking said no.  I finally got rolling in the afternoon, packed up my stuff and Sonic